Wednesday, August 5, 2015

How To Overcome The Fear Of Death





When I was a child I use to wonder what happens to people who die and I was afraid about death. I used to hear different views about what happens to dead people and their fate. I suppose that was what colored my mind’s eye from the reality of life. So I was afraid of death talk more of me being one of such.
But now I am different. This is because life is very important and what we do with it matters a lot not just to God but also to the cause at which we were born into. It is no more how long I live but how purposeful have I lived. And so I am constantly reminded of the plight of human kind and the needs that daily steer us in the face beckoning for someone who will just care a bit and do a little discomfort to self in order to meet the needs around us.
I am no longer afraid to die. My concern daily is how much love I can allow to from out of my being to reach out and touch a brother or sister, a believer or non believer alike. Deep inside of me is stored the reservoir of God’s limitless grace that can stand firm and meet the needs that daily presents themselves as challenges.
This far the Lord has been faithful. He has blessed me with friends and families that I couldn’t have gotten on my own no matter how hard I labor for. I am grateful that these people serve as channels through which God used to inspire me more and more.
To some, I am a disappointment; to others I am a prodigal son, while to some I am a son, a brother, an uncle, a father, and a friend. Whichever place a fall on your strata I accept my fate. But more importantly, I believe I am a sojourner on a journey that is short and I do not intend to be a problem to anyone. I only want peace with my heavenly father and with all brethren.
I am glad that death did not conquer Jesus and it will not conquer me even though I sleep bodily I am alive eternally. This assurance can never be erased from my life.
As long as I live, grace, love and fellowship of the Triune God will be my watch word and will flow from me to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment