Monday, July 13, 2015

I DON'T FEEL LIKE


I WROTE THIS ARTICLE SOME MONTHS AGO WHEN I WAS EXPERIENCING BURN OUT IN MY LIFE. I HOPE IT WILL HELP SOMEONE TODAY. 


 
I am going through a phase these days in which I really don’t feel like doing many things that I know I need to do to improve in every area of my life. I don’t feel like reading or studying my Bible, I don’t feel like listening to messages that will help me and so on. I just don’t feel like doing anything at all.

Though I am struggling at the moment, I do believe that this is a phase that will come and go. I will not allow the present situation impede on my overall life. I will keep looking up and trusting God even if things are not going the way they should be. I will not give up.

I forgot to even mention that I don’t even feel like praying when I am alone even though writing this is a prayer itself. I stand alone at this moment and I would not want anybody to come to this stage but I guess it’s a period of letting go. I don’t have to force things go my way but at the same time not allow the feeling of “I don’t feel like” cage me. So as I look forward to a free and a life that flows from within me, I lay my case to you the Holy Spirit. You are the greatest motivator and you will bring back into me all that I need to keep going and experience your life all around me.

When I don’t feel like doing anything you understand the major point and only you can pull the string and make me produce good melody in my heart. This is one of those moments that I need you seemingly more that other times even though I need you all the time. Please step in and pull me out of self, and all its ways that are retrogressive. Lord you will not let me go just like that. I know you are a father that fights for the welfare of your children and my case is not different. You will lift me above my weaknesses. I will never end up a looser but become the person you have set me to be.

You said your plans for me are for good. You said I am engraved in the palm of your hands and you will not let my feet dash on a stone without your knowledge. I know you will not let me down but at the moment I need your touch in a different way that will fire me up for good life.

I don’t have to say I don’t feel like praying, studying, teaching, or any other thing you laid in my heart to do because you are all that I need to do all these. I depend on you now and always even when I feel or not like doing anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment